HARRISBURG – Rep. Jim Gregory (R-Blair) today announced that fire and ambulance companies in the 80th District will collectively receive more than $200,000 in state grants through the Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program.
“I congratulate these companies for the time and effort they take to apply for these grants, which recognize the important, lifesaving services provided by our fire and EMS personnel. These first responders have so many responsibilities, and they should not have to worry about paying for necessary equipment or facility upgrades,” Gregory said.
The grant funding can be used in several ways, including construction or renovation of a company’s station, the purchase or repair of equipment, training, or debt reduction.
The following Blair County fire and EMS companies in the 80th District received grants:
• Bald Eagle Volunteer Fire Co.: $12,467.96.
• Blazing Arrow Hook & Ladder Fire Co.: $13,563.39.
• Blue Knob Volunteer Fire Co. Inc.: $14,248.03.
• Claysburg Volunteer Fire Co.: $13,974.17.
• Duncansville Emergency Medical Services Inc.: $9,192.44.
• Duncansville Fire Co.: $12,057.17.
• Excelsior Fire Co. No. 1: $14,248.03.
• Freedom Township Volunteer Fire Co.: $12,741.81.
• Friendship Fire Co. No. 1 Inc.: $13,700.31.
• Geeseytown Community Fire Co.: $13,015.67.
• Hollidaysburg American Legion Ambulance Service Inc.: $9,192.44.
• Martinsburg Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1: $14,248.03.
• Neptune Steam Fire Co. No. 1: $13,563.39.
• Pinecroft Volunteer Fire Co.: $12,331.03.
• Sinking Valley Volunteer Fire Co.: $11,920.24.
• Williamsburg Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1: $12,741.81.
The recipient departments received approximately $177,000 combined last year.
All funding comes from state gaming proceeds, and not General Fund tax revenue.
Representative Jim Gregory
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Jennifer Fitch